Thursday, August 04, 2005

My experience in Aditi as a Chemistry Teacher

I would like to share my experience as chemistry teacher in IGCSE class. I had planned for class in Atomic structure. I wanted to teach the Bohr's atom model using data projector. Everything was ready. Students were seated and the class was about to begin, I had inserted the CD in the CDROM drive, Suddenly I realised the CD drive in the computer was not opening. Students became restless andther was commotion in the class. I hadtotake a quick decision, I took them to the chemistry lab and explaind the same concept using FLAME TEST. I explained the emission spectra of Bohr's atom model metallic chlorides. I made the work individually, they learned the concept well and enjoyed the activity.

3 Comments:

Blogger sandra kunder said...

Goes to prove how quick-thinking and flexible a teacher has to be!
Sandra

9:06 AM  
Blogger Tara Kini said...

Some of the best lessons I have had have been when I have been forced to improvise in a situation similar to the one you describe. However there have been disasters too!

The situation you describe is one where the context forces a change in methodology but the content remains the same.

Looking forward to your timeline of contexts on the blog and your discussion on the two articles on the discussion board.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Padma said...

It shows your ability to react to the situation and make the class equally interesting.
as a teacher educator I always insist the students to have presence of mind to manage a situation , which I believe, possible only when we are competent in the subject.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home